As designer / makers we craft a lot of our jewellery in house. We often get asked to help with repairs and remodelling of jewellery. Although repairs are not our core business we are able to help our customer with most enquiries. Some we can do in house and some pieces will need expertise and specialist tools, especially when diamonds / precious stones are involved. Jewellery repairs are never straight forward and each piece needs to be assessed on an individual basis in order to assess the procedure needed the execution of the repair. If the repair can not be done 'in house', we have a black book of extraordinary crafts(wo)men and specialists who can assist with expert skills and advise.
What Can We Do
We can repair any precious metal jewellery, but not costume or base metal jewellery or watches of any kind.
Jewellery also needs regular maintenance. Claws can wear down or ring settings can become loose over time meaning there is a risk of losing a precious stone
Some work can be carried out on site and we are also assisted by the expertise of gemologists, setters, mounters, engravers and stringers who work out of London.
Our expert jewellers can give you an assessment and an indication of work that might be needed.
Types of Repairs
- Ring Resizing
- Rhodium Plating
- Claw Re-tipping
- Stone Resetting
- Cleaning and Polishing
- Vintage Jewellery Restoration
- Pearl Restringing
- Replacing Precious Stones
- Chain Repairs
The Repairs Process
1. Bring your jewellery in to our Boutique or initially send through your images via the Contact Us form or by email to [email protected]
2. All articles left with us are booked in by one of our team.
3. Your jewellery is photographed and stored in our safe which is insured.
4. The work required will be thoroughly discussed and potential costs explained fully. If we are not sure of an accurate cost at this stage, we will arrange for a fixed quote to be calculated for you.
5. You will receive a fixed quotation for the work required. All repairs prices start from a minimum charge of £30.
6. You will be given a time estimate which is typically 2-3 weeks, depending on the complexity of the repair.
7. If the jewellery needs to be assessed by one of our specialists a small non refundable deposit will be requested, which is then deducted from the final cost of any works.
8. Our payment terms are 60% on the acceptance of the quote with the balance of 40% on collection.
9. You will be contacted once your jewellery is ready for collection.